Holiday Split Pea Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1 (2.75 ounce) package country gravy mix (regular or no-fat)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons imitation bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons celery flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/4 cups dried split green peas
- 1 bay leaf
- Pour gravy mix into wide-mouth pint jar.
- In small bowl stir together bouillon granules, bacon bits, celery flakes,
onion and parsley flakes. Pour into jar to make second layer.
- Add peas; place bay leaf on top. Seal with lid.
- Attach a gift tag with the following recipe, and decorate jar as desired.
Holiday Split Pea Soup
Empty contents of jar into large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 6 cups water; heat
to boiling, stirring often. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or
until peas are tender, stirring frequently to prevent peas from sticking. Remove
bay leaf. Serve soup with dollop of sour cream and bacon bits, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.