Layered Dried Bean Soup Mix in a Jar
Dried Bean Mix
- 1/2 cup kidney beans
- 1/2 cup split yellow peas
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup small red beans
- 1/2 cup split green peas
- 1 tablespoon dried sweet pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dried Bean Mix: Layer each type
of bean in a 24 ounce clear gift jar.
- Seasoning Mix: Combine ingredients.
- Store in a resealable plastic bag.
- Attach to jar and give with recipe for Seasoned Bean Soup.
Seasoned Bean Soup
Dried Bean Mix
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes
1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke ( optional )
Rinse beans and place in large Dutch oven or stock pot. Pour 4 cups boiling water
over beans; cover and let soak overnight.
Drain beans and return to stock pot. Add 6 cups water, cover, and bring to a
boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 to 1/2 hours or until beans
are almost tender.
Add tomatoes and seasoning mix. Stirring occasionally, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Uncover beans and continue to simmer about 1 hour longer or until beans are tender
and soup thickens. Serve warm.
Yield: about 10 cups soup
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.