Love Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1/3 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup dried split peas
- 1/2 cup uncooked twist macaroni
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 1/3 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup uncooked tri-color spiral pasta
- Use a canning funnel or any funnel that has about a 2-inch neck.
This will make it easier to fill the jars with the ingredients.
Be sure to use a wide-mouth, 1-quart canning jar.
- Layer ingredients in the order given: bouillon, onion flakes, split
peas, small shape pasta, barley, lentils, rice, and enough tricolor
spiral pasta to fill jar.
- Layer each type of bean in a 24 ounce clear gift jar.
In large kettle, brown 1 pound ground beef or stew beef cut into
bite-size pieces in a little olive oil. Remove tricolor pasta from
top of jar and reserve. Add the rest of the jar contents to the
kettle with 12 cups water. Let come to a boil and simmer 45 minutes.
Add tricolor pasta and simmer 15 minutes more.
Serve with your favorite bread or rolls and a tossed salad.
Makes 12 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.