Pasta Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1/2 cup macaroni
- 1/4 cup dried lentils
- 1/4 cup dried, chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup base
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Mix Parmesan cheese, onion flakes, soup base, parsley, oregano and garlic
powder together in a small bowl.
- In a one pint jar, layer ingredients in this order:
- Spice Mixture:
- Store with tightly sealed lid, until needed.
- Attach the following recipe with a hang tag to give as a gift.
Basic Pasta Soup
Combine contents of jar with 3 cups water in a 2 quart saucepan. Bring to a boil,
then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring
Makes 4 servings.