Texas Two-Step Soup Mix in a Jar
- 1 (1.61 ounce) package brown gravy mix (regular or no-fat)
- 2 tablespoons mild red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 to 12 regular-size tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup uncooked small to medium-size pasta (such as wheels, shells, macaroni)
- Pour gravy mix into wide-mouth pint jar. In small bowl, stir together chili powder,
oregano, cumin, onion and garlic salt. Pour into jar to make second layer. Add layers
of tortilla chips and pasta to fill jar. Seal with lid. Attach gift tag (below)
and decorate jar as desired.
- Attach a gift tag with the following recipe.
Texas Two-Step Soup
Brown 1/2 pound ground beef in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add contents of
jar and 7 cups water; heat to boiling. Stir in 1 (15 ounce) can corn with red and
green bell peppers and 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes. Reduce heat; cover and
simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Serve with crushed tortilla chips and shredded Monterey jack cheese, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.