Apple Orchard Barbecue Sauce
- 1 medium onion, grated or finely chopped
- 4 cups pressed apple cider (not pasteurized apple juice)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon celery salt or celery seed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles chili sauce
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste (optional)
Baster Brush Wrap
- 1 (12-inch) length 1/4-inch wide red grosgrain ribbon
- 1 small baster brush
- Sauce: Bring all ingredients to boil in a large saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until
sauce is thickened and volume is halved.
- Pour hot sauce into two 1-pint sterilized
jars. Seal with 2-piece sterilized lids. Water-bath process for 10 minutes.
- Remove with tongs. Cool.
- Decorate with Baster Brush Wrap.
- Baster Brush Wrap: Center gingham squares on jar lid. Slip
rubber band over fabric, gathering in around the rim of jar. Tightly tie ribbon
around jar lid. Tie ribbon streamers in bow around handle of basting brush. Remove
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.