Apricot and Almond Chutney
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 12 apricots
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sliced candied ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pour 3/4 cup of the vinegar into a preserving pan. Add sugar. Stir
over low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Increase
the heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Halve, pit and chop apricots.
- Core, seed and chop bell peppers.
- Peel and chop onions and garlic.
- Finely chop the whole orange and
lemon, including the peel and pitch.
- Finely chop the candied ginger.
- Add prepared fruits and vegetables to the vinegar mixture together
with the candied ginger, salt and raisins.
- Simmer over medium heat,
stirring frequently, for 30 minutes.
- Add almonds, ground ginger
and remaining vinegar.
- Simmer for 30 minutes longer, stirring frequently,
or until the chutney has reduced and thickened.
- Spoon the chutney
into warmed sterilized jars and seal.
Makes about 1 quart.
Chutney generally keeps for up to 1 year if stored in a cool, dry,
and dark place.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.