This is an ice cream sauce that MUST ripen for two weeks before
using. It makes an excellent gift.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- Juice of 1 lemon and grated peel
- Sections of orange and grated peel
- 1 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Boil water and sugar until it spins a thread when dropped from a
spoon. Use the 2 sugars in this mixture.
- Add other ingredients,
put into sealed container and store in refrigerator.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.