Flapjacks in a Sack Mix
- 4 cups quick oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Put 2 cups of mix into a sandwich-size zip-type bag and place in
a decorative cloth bag with a string tied around it.
- Attach the following recipe to a gift tag.
This will make 4 1/2 batches.
Blend together 2 beaten eggs and 1/3 cup oil; stir in the flapjack
mix and 1 cup of water alternately. Pour 1/4 cup batter on lightly
oiled hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top of pancake. Turn
and cook on other side until golden.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.