Flapjacks in a Sack Mix
- 4 cups quick oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Put 2 cups of mix into a sandwich-size zip-type bag and place in
a decorative cloth bag with a string tied around it.
- Attach the following recipe to a gift tag.
This will make 4 1/2 batches.
Blend together 2 beaten eggs and 1/3 cup oil; stir in the flapjack
mix and 1 cup of water alternately. Pour 1/4 cup batter on lightly
oiled hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top of pancake. Turn
and cook on other side until golden.