Flapjacks in a Sack Mix
- 4 cups quick oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Put 2 cups of mix into a sandwich-size zip-type bag and place in
a decorative cloth bag with a string tied around it.
- Attach the following recipe to a gift tag.
This will make 4 1/2 batches.
Blend together 2 beaten eggs and 1/3 cup oil; stir in the flapjack
mix and 1 cup of water alternately. Pour 1/4 cup batter on lightly
oiled hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top of pancake. Turn
and cook on other side until golden.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes