Hush Puppy Mix in a Jar
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in a resealable plastic bag or jar.
- Attach the following recipe to the jar.
Makes 2 1/4 cups mix.
In a deep skillet, heat 1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine contents of jar with 1 1/2 cups buttermilk and 1 beaten
egg. Stir until well blended. Drop mixture by spoonsful into hot oil. Fry until
golden brown and thoroughly cooked through.
Drain on paper towels and serve.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.