Jambalaya Mix in a Bag
- 1 cup raw long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Place mix in a decorative jar or pour into a zip-type bag.
- Cut an
18-inch square of pretty material.
- Lay the bag of mix on the material,
gather up all sides, tie with a ribbon and attach a gift tag with
the following recipe.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups of mix
1 1/2 cups Jambalaya Mix
3 cups water
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup cooked ham or smoked sausage
1/2 cup cooked shrimp
Combine first three ingredients and bring to a boil in a 6-quart
pot . Reduce heat to simmer; add ham or sausage and cook 20 minutes.
Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes more. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Makes about 8 cups.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.