Jambalaya Mix in a Jar
- 3 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Divide evenly among three
airtight containers (there will be a little over 1 cup in each container).
- Store in a dry, cool place for up to 6 months.
Yield: three 1 plus cup containers
In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water and 1/2 cup chopped green bell
pepper to a boil. Stir in one portion of the dried mix; return to
a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until
the rice is tender.
In another saucepan, heat 8 ounces of tomato sauce and 1 pound of
fully cooked, smoked sausage that has been cut into 1/4-inch slices.
Meanwhile, in another saucepan, cook 1 pound of medium-size, peeled,
de-veined shrimp in water until pink and cooked through. Drain.
Stir shrimp into sausage mixture. Spoon rice onto plates and spoon
the sausage-shrimp mixture on top.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.