Java Walnut Sauce
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- In a heavy 10-inch skillet melt sugar slowly over low heat until
golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Dissolve coffee
crystals in hot water; carefully stir into melted sugar. Heat and
stir over low heat until the sugar re-dissolves.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch; stir into sugar mixture. Cook
and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2
minutes more. Stir in walnuts and butter or margarine. Pour into
three (1-cup) heatproof glass jars.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve chilled
or slowly reheat in a saucepan.
- Serve over ice cream or cake.
Makes 3 cups.
Gift idea: Pack in the basket surrounded by whole walnuts in the
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.