Java Walnut Sauce
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- In a heavy 10-inch skillet melt sugar slowly over low heat until
golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Dissolve coffee
crystals in hot water; carefully stir into melted sugar. Heat and
stir over low heat until the sugar re-dissolves.
- Combine cold water and cornstarch; stir into sugar mixture. Cook
and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2
minutes more. Stir in walnuts and butter or margarine. Pour into
three (1-cup) heatproof glass jars.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve chilled
or slowly reheat in a saucepan.
- Serve over ice cream or cake.
Makes 3 cups.
Gift idea: Pack in the basket surrounded by whole walnuts in the
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.