- 1 (8 ounce) jar mango chutney
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Dash hot
Jungle Jar Tops
- 1/4 yard tiger, leopard, or zebra print cotton
- Rubber bands
- 1 yard black cord
- Safari Sauce: Spoon chutney into mixing bowl and cut up any large chunks
of fruit in the chutney. With wire whisk, blend in mayonnaise. Add mustard,
honey, curry powder and hot pepper sauce. Blend until thoroughly combined. Spoon
into three 8-ounce jars and seal with lids. Decorate with Jungle Jar Tops.
- Include card which reads "Serve as a sandwich sauce. Keep refrigerated."
- Jungle Jar Tops: Fill jars with "Safari Sauce." Use pinking shears
to cut fabric into three 8-inch circles. Center circles over top of each jar,
and slip rubber bands over fabric, gathering fabric around jar neck. Cut cord
into three 12-inch lengths. Tie cord around each jar lid. Remove rubber bands.
Yield: about three 8-ounce jars