Ultimate Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle Mix
Makes 4 quarts of wonderful mix to give as gifts.
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1/2 cup stone ground cornmeal
- 1/2 cup instant oatmeal, powdered in blender
- 2 cups buttermilk powder
- 5 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup vanilla powder
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons malt powder (optional)
- In an extra large bowl, using a strong wire whisk, blend all-purpose
flour, whole wheat flour, buckwheat flour, corn flour, cornmeal,
powdered oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla powder, sugar,
salt and malt (if using).
- Place mix into four 1-quart jars (you
may need to tap the bottoms to get it all to fit) and store in a
cool, dry place for up to one year.
- Attach the following recipe on a gift tag.
Ultimate Waffles or Pancakes
1 cup Ultimate Pancake and Waffle Mix
1/2 to 2/3 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a medium bowl, stir pancake mix with water, egg and vegetable
oil. Add more water, if necessary, to make a medium thickness batter.
If using as waffle batter, double recipe and follow manufacturer's
directions. Make pancakes in usual fashion.
Please refrigerate this mix until used.
Whole wheat flour can go rancid if it gets too warm, so it
may be a good idea to refrigerate this mix if you do not have a
very cool place to store it.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Gifts from Your Kitchen Recipes