Backyard Barbecue Spareribs
- 2 slabs pork spareribs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cherry cola soft drink
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Prepare a medium-hot banked fire in covered kettle style grill.
- Cut each slab of ribs between ribs into four pieces.
- Place rib-side-down over indirect heat and grill for 1 1/4 hours.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, cherry cola, vinegar,
paprika, chili powder, pepper and onion; simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brush ribs generously with sauce and continue to cook, about 20-30 minutes, basting
and turning often, until ribs are nicely glazed.
Yield: 4 servings
Wine suggestion: Serve with a chilled rose or ice cold beer.
These classically flavored spareribs are good any time year. Serve ribs with
corn on the cob, creamy cole slaw and corn muffins.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 790; Protein 41 grams; Fat 54 grams; Sodium 1080
milligrams; Cholesterol 175 milligrams; Saturated Fat 20 grams; Carbohydrates 36
grams; Fiber 2 grams
Recipe and photo credit: National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com