Grilled Southwestern Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper cayenne
- 1 large
clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds pork loin or rib chops about 1/2 inch
thick (8 chops)
- Mix all ingredients except pork. Cut outer edge of fat on pork chops diagonally
at 1-inch intervals to prevent curling (do not cut into meat).
- Spread chili powder mixture evenly on both sides of pork chops.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat coals or gas grill. Cover and grill pork 4 to 6 inches from medium heat
for 10 to 12 minutes, turning frequently, until slightly pink when cut near bone.
Yield: 6 servings
Per serving: 184 Calories (kcal); 8g Total Fat; (40% calories from fat);
26 g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 64 mg Cholesterol; 129 mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable