Jack Daniel's Grilled Chuck Roast
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (2 1/2 pound) chuck roast
- Combine whiskey, brown sugar, soy sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice
and garlic powder, mix well.
- Place roast into a plastic bag; add marinade (saving some back for basting) and
seal. Place in a dish; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Grill over medium coals (with Jack Daniel's Barrel Chips, soaked in water
- if you can find them), about 20 to 25 minutes per side for medium. Baste occasionally
with extra marinade.
- To serve, cut into thin slices.
Yield: 6 servings