- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup regular or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
lettuce, tomato slices
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard. Cut star shapes from cheese with cookie cutter.
Lightly shape ground beef into eight 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered,
7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center
registers 160 degrees F, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper after
turning. About 1 minute before burgers are done, top with cheese stars.
- Serve in buns with sauce, lettuce and tomato.
Total recipe time: 30 minutes | Makes 8 servings
Reprinted with permission from
the Cattlemen's Beef Board and National
Cattlemen's Beef Association.