Tri Tip with Raspberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tri tip
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup orange blossom honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 minced, canned chipotle pepper plus
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can
- 1/2 cup mashed fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Season tri tip with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat for about 8 to 9 minutes on each side or until meat is
cooked to your liking.
- Combine barbecue sauce, honey, lime juice, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce in
a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly; stir in raspberries and cilantro. Brush
some of the sauce over beef during the last 5 minutes of grilling; serve the rest
with the sliced beef.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition Per Serving: 510 calories, 33 g protein, 33 g total fat (14 g sat.,
0 g trans), 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 110 mg cholesterol, 1380 mg