Fire Engine Red Cranberry-Raspberry Spritzer
If you prefer a spritzer on the sweet side, use lemon-lime soda; add mineral water or soda just before serving.
For an adult version, add 3 to 4 tablespoons vodka - or if you're adventurous, Campari - to each glass.
- 5 cups refrigerated or canned cranberry-raspberry juice blend
- 2/3 cup grenadine
- 5 cups chilled lemon-flavor mineral water or lemon-lime soda
- 1 lemon (about 5 ounces), rinsed and thinly sliced (ends discarded)
- In a 3- to 3 1/2-quart glass pitcher, mix juice blend and grenadine.
- Pour in mineral water and add lemon slices.
- Pour into tall, ice-filled glasses (at least 12 ounces).
Yield: 10 servings
Nutrition per serving: Calories 111(1.6% from fat); Fat 0.2g ; Sodium 4.2mg; Fiber 0.7g; Protein 0.3g; Carbohydrate 28g
Source: Sunset magazine, July 2001