Classic margaritas get a fresh “shake” when infused with your favorite team colors!
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) silver tequila (clear)
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedge
- Colored sugar
- Simple Syrup: Mix sugar and water in 1-quart saucepan. Heat to boiling
over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool, about 1 hour.
- Pour syrup into glass jar, cover jar and refrigerate until needed. 1 1/4 cups
(use 1 tablespoon per margarita).
- Red Cocktail: Add cranberry juice, tequila, orange-flavored liqueur, simple
syrup and lemon juice to cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Cover and shake. Rub rim of martini glass with lemon wedge; dip in sugar.
- Strain cocktail into glass.
Prep Time 10 min | Total Time 1 hr 10 min | Servings 1
Blue Cocktail: Prepare as directed above - except use blue Curacao for
the orange-flavored liqueur.
You can use citrus vodka in place of the tequila.
Nutrition Information 1 Cocktail: Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 0), % Daily
Value Total Fat 0g 0% (Saturated Fat 0g, 0% Trans Fat 0g 0% ), Cholesterol 0mg 0%;
Sodium 0mg 0%; Total Carbohydrate 31g 31% (Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 26g 26% ),
Protein 0g 0%
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Betty Crocker
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes