- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sifted Gold Medal flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- Heat oven hot (425 degrees F). Melt butter in oven in 13 x 9 x 1 1/2 inch pan.
Remove pan when butter is melted.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk. Stir slowly with
fork until dough just clings together. Turn onto well-floured board. Roll over to
coat with flour. Knead lightly about 10 times. Roll out half-inch thick into a 12
x 8-inch rectangle. With floured knife, cut dough in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise
into 16 strips. Pick up strips in both hands and dip each strip on both sides in
melted butter. Next lay them close together in two rows in same pan in which butter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 32 sticks
1. Add 1/2 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese to dry ingredients.
2. Add 1/2 clove finely minced garlic to butter before melting.
3. Sprinkle paprika, celery seed or garlic salt over dips before baking.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes