Independence Day Hats
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pie crust mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
- Caraway or sesame seed
- In a bowl add cheese to the pie crust mix. Mix well with
wooden spoon. Add water until pastry balls form.
- Sprinkle flour on pastry and roll out the mix to pie
crust thickness. Using a knife, cut crust into 1 1/2-inch squares.
- Melt butter in small saucepan and brush it on the squares
with the pastry brush. Sprinkle squares with seeds. Fold squares into triangle "hats"
and seal ends with a floured fork. Again, brush tops with butter and sprinkle
- Place triangles on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for
10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 1 1/2 dozen "hats" for snacking.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes