One Hour Hamburger Buns
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Stir 2 cups flour and dry yeast together.
- Heat milk, water, oil, sugar and salt until very warm
(120 to 130 degrees F). Add liquid all at once to flour-yeast mixture and beat
until smooth; about 3 minutes at medium speed on mixer or 300 hand strokes.
Add enough flour to make a soft dough and mix well, either by hand or with mixer.
Let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll out on well-floured surface to 1/2-inch. Cut with
3-inch round cutter and place on greased baking sheets.
- Let rise in warm place 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated 425 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes
or until lightly browned.