Sweet Onion Cornbread
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cream corn
- 4 drops hot sauce
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese, divided
- Sauté onion in butter.
- Beat muffin mix, eggs, milk, cream corn and hot sauce
together. Spread in buttered 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Add sour cream, salt, dill and half of cheese to onion
mixture. Spread over batter, then sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes.