Coconut Macaroon Shortcake
- 1 1/3 cups BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Slivered
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 pint
(2 cups) strawberries, sliced
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix coconut, almonds, sugar, flour and salt in large bowl.
- Beat egg whites and almond extract lightly with fork. Add to coconut mixture;
- Trace 9-inch circle on greased foil-covered baking sheet.
- Spread coconut mixture evenly onto foil, staying within circle line on foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Remove from foil. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Top evenly with the whipped topping and strawberries just before serving.
Makes: 8 servings, 1 wedge each
Shortcake is the perfect choice for a special occasion. Plan ahead
and eat accordingly before indulging in a slice of this luscious dessert.
Once thawed, refrigerate COOL WHIP Whipped Topping for up to
2 weeks or re-freeze.
Recipe and photo credit:
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com.