Flag Cupcake Cake
Three easy steps make red, white and blue cupcakes ready for a grand celebration.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and
eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 (12 ounce) Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy
- Betty Crocker® red sugar
- Betty Crocker® blue sugar
Crocker® Decorating Decors stars
- 2 thick pretzel rods (7-inch)
- 1 roll Betty
Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® chewy fruit snack rolls (any red flavor; from 4.5-ounce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper
baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Frost 9 cupcakes with frosting; sprinkle with red sugar.
- Frost 6 cupcakes with frosting; sprinkle with blue sugar and star decors.
- Frost remaining 9 cupcakes with frosting. Arrange cupcakes as shown in photo.
- To make flag pole, arrange pretzel rods end-to-end and wrap with fruit snack;
place on left side of arranged cupcakes.
Prep Time 30 Min | Total Time 2 Hr | Servings: 24
Expert Tip: You can freeze the baked cupcakes tightly wrapped for up to two months.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Frosted Cupcake) Calories 180 (Calories
from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium
160mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 17g), Protein 1g
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: