Red, White and Blue Cupcakes
Treat your guests to these colorful cupcakes made using Betty Crocker® SuperMoist®
white cake mix and frosting – perfect dessert for Independence Day.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and
egg whites called for on cake mix box
- 3/4 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 3 (12 ounce) containers Betty Crocker® whipped fluffy white frosting
teaspoon intense red paste food color
- 1/4 teaspoon royal blue paste food color
- Betty Crocker® Decorating Decors red, white and blue stars
- Coarse white
sparkling sugar, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans). Place red,
white or blue paper baking cup in each of 24 regular size muffin cups.
- Make cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and egg whites.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons raspberry jam to each
cup; cut through batter with toothpick for swirled effect.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks.
- Cool completely.
- Tint 1 container frosting with red food color; tint second container with blue
food color. Leave third container white.
- Spoon each color of frosting into separate decorating bag fitted with large round
tip. Pipe frosting as desired onto cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with stars and sparkling sugar.
Prep Time 35 min | Total Time 1 hr 35 min | Servings 24
Recipe and photo credit: