Independence Day Bean Casserole
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (28 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (17 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon, beef and onion until meat is
brown and onion is tender.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Place in greased casserole dish.
- Add beans and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine barbecue sauce, ketchup, sugars, mustard, molasses,
salt, and chili powder and stir into beef mixture.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer, or until browned and bubbly.
Serves 12 as a side dish.
If serving this savory baked dish as a main course, offer hot corn bread and
a green salad to make a full meal.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes