Buttermilk Fried Chicken
This is a great recipe. Adjust the seasonings to your
own taste. This is a basic recipe which you can customize to your liking. I don't
know what it is about marinating the chicken in the buttermilk. It just does something
to it that makes it very tender and oh, so delicious.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken cut into pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
oil for frying
- Place chicken parts into a large bowl.
- Pour the buttermilk over chicken and marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper, mixing well to combine.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk and place in flour mixture coating all sides well.
- Pour 1 to 2 inches of oil in skillet and fry until one side is golden brown,
then turn and brown other side approximately 20 minutes total.
- Remove chicken and place on paper towels to drain off excess grease, (or you
can brown on both sides until lightly golden 5 to 8 minutes, remove and place on
paper towels to absorb excess grease, then place on a baking sheet and place in
a preheated 350 degree F oven until juices run clean.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.