Charcoaled Lemon Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 broiler halves
- Juice of 9 lemons
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Garlic salt
- Lemon-pepper marinade
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- Sprinkle chicken halves on both sides liberally with Accent, garlic salt, Cavenders
and lemon pepper marinade.
- Place in pan or casserole big enough to hold all 4 halves.
- Mix lemon juice and Worcestershire, and add to pan with chicken. Marinate for
at least 8 hours, turning about 3 times — the last time with meat side down.
- When you have started your charcoal fire, dot chicken with pats of butter and
place in a 225 degree F oven for 1 hour.
- When your fire is ready (good coals), place chicken halves on grill, bone side
down. Cook with top of grill down, but turn frequently for approximately 30 minutes.
Dip in marinade each time you turn. Keep bone side down 80% of the time.
- Serve with a dish of marinade to spoon over chicken.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes