Independence Day Recipes
- 1 pound peppered bacon
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup butter
- Garlic salt to taste
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until evenly brown. Drain, chop coarsely, and set aside.
- On 4 large squares of heavy duty aluminum foil, evenly distribute the potatoes, carrots, and onion.
- Arrange the chicken breasts over the vegetables, and sprinkle with the chopped bacon. Top each with 2 tablespoons butter, and season with garlic salt. Fold the foil over the ingredients, and tightly seal.
- Heat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat.
- Place foil packets on the grill, and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.