Emeril Lagasse's Hot-Sauced Fried Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (4 1/2 pound) fryer chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 1/2 cup each hot-red-pepper sauce and buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- Put chicken into 1-gallon plastic food-storage bag. In
bowl, whisk pepper sauce, buttermilk, salt and pepper; pour in bag. Refrigerate
8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken. Pour oil into large, deep cast-iron skillet;
attach deep-fry thermometer to side of skillet. Heat oil to 360 degrees F.
- In bowl, combine flour and 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning.
- Dredge several pieces of chicken at a time in flour mixture.
- Fry chicken, 5 pieces at a time, until golden brown,
5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels or brown-bag-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with remaining Creole seasoning.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, with slaw if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 668 calories, 33 g protein, 13 g carbohydrate, 53 g fat, 1 g
fiber, 126 mg cholesterol, 814 mg sodium
Source: McCall's Magazine on-line - June 2001
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes