Independence Day Recipes
Grilled Deviled Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- Additional vegetable oil for chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in small bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
- Brush chicken pieces lightly with vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill, turning over frequently, until juices run clear and meat near bone is no longer pink. Brush with sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking time.