Grilled Pesto Chicken Packets
Good things come in small packages... and this main dish is no exception!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
- 8 Roma (plum) tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Place 1 chicken breast half, 2 sliced
tomatoes and 1 sliced zucchini on one side of four 18 x 12-inch sheets of heavy-duty
aluminum foil. Spoon 2 tablespoons pesto over chicken mixture on each sheet.
- Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight
1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets 4 to 5 inches from medium heat 20 to 25 minutes or until
juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Place packets on plates. Cut large X across top of packet; fold back foil.
Yield: 4 servings
Time Saver: Instead of using foil packets, try the new heavy-duty foil bags made
especially for grilling.
Did You Know...: Pesto is a sauce made of fresh basil, garlic, oil, pine nuts
and grated cheese. A variety of pesto flavors is now available, and you may want
to experiment with one of them in this recipe.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 180 );
Total Fat 20 g (Saturated Fat 4 g); Cholesterol 80 mg; Sodium 350 mg; Total Carbohydrate
10 g (Dietary Fiber 3 g); Protein 31 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 36 %; Vitamin C 26 %; Calcium 16 %; Iron
Exchanges: 2 Vegetable; 4 Very Lean Meat; 3 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): © 2008 ®/TM General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes