Melting Pot Chicken
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 to 2 cups barbecue sauce, or to taste
- Mince garlic and basil and mix together on your cutting board. Place 1 tablespoon
of kosher salt over the top of the mixture and with the flat side of you chef's
knife press the salt into the garlic and the basil essentially grating it all together
with a circular motion until it becomes a paste.
- Next carefully pull the skin away from the flesh of the chicken without pulling
it off and distribute the garlic/basil paste under the skin of the chicken in as
many areas as you can and then replace the skin.
- To the outside of the bird apply the curry powder, salt and pepper. Season everything
to your taste.
- Place chicken on grill over indirect heat allowing it to cook slowly for about
1 hour. Near the end of the cooking time liberally slather on your favorite barbecue
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition values per serving: 277 calories, 11 g fat, 11 g carbohydrates,
2 g fiber, 33 g protein, 96 mg cholesterol, 3,508 mg sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes