Independence Day Recipes
Tequila Lime Grilled Chicken
Yield: 6 servings
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- Combine first 6 ingredients; pour into a shallow pan. Add chicken, and turn to coat.
- Cover and chill chicken 4 hours, turning several times.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking, discarding marinade.
- Cook chicken 4 minutes per side on grill, or 4 inches from broiler.
- Serve with desired salsa.