Almond Strawberry Shortcake Stars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 (7 ounce) roll almond paste, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt into a
food processor or large bowl.
- Using a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or
with a pastry cutter and bowl, cut the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly.
- Mix in the grated almond paste completely with the flour,
until the mixture has the texture of instant oatmeal.
- Pour in the heavy cream and process, or mix with a spoon,
until the shortcake forms a ball.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work table and knead
one minute. Roll out to a 1/4-inch thickness; cut into stars or circles as desired,
and lay on the baking sheet. Gather up leftover dough and re-roll, to cut out
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes until done and slightly golden
around the tips.
Yield: 13 stars, about 3 1/2 inches across
Source: Andre Prost, Inc.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes