Apple Pie Bars
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup solid shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 5-6 apples, peeled and cored
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons tapioca
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Blend flour, shortening and salt.
- Put egg yolk in cup, and add milk to total 2/3 cup. Add to flour mixture and
blend well. Divide dough; spread half on cookie sheet.
- Cut apples, arrange on crust.
- In a bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, cinnamon, flour and tapioca. Pour evenly
- Roll out remaining dough and place on top of apple layer, sealing edges and making
slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Beat egg white with 2 tablespoons sugar. Brush over top crust. Bake 40 minutes
at 350 degrees F.
- Top with a glaze of confectioners' sugar, hot water and vanilla extract fresh
out of oven.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes