Berry Topped Stars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter (salted)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries
- Cream Cheese Topping
- 2 tablespoons Challenge Butter, room
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar,
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in flour.
Divide dough in half, shape into flattened rounds, and place into gallon sized plastic
food storage bags. Center dough in bag and roll to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Seal bags and chill dough for 20 minutes or up to several days.
- Cut with 3-inch star shaped cutters, and bake in preheated 350 degree F oven
for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Spread baked cookies spread with cream cheese topping then arrange slices of
strawberry and blueberry on top.
- Cream Cheese Topping: Blend together Butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar.
Yield: approximately 4 dozen
Reprinted with permission from