Double Dip Sugar Cookies
Beautiful Independence Day colors! Dip them to match the holiday.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (1 pound 1.5 ounce) pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla or creamy white frosting
- Few drops red and blue food colors
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until dough forms.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoon into 24 pieces; roll each into a ball. Place
3 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.
- Measure 1/3 cup frosting into each of 2 small microwavable bowls. Stir red food
color into 1 bowl; stir blue food color into other bowl. Set aside.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Place remaining 1 cup frosting into another small microwavable bowl; microwave
uncovered on High 30 seconds. Dip each cookie halfway into white frosting, allowing
excess to drip off. Place on wax paper; let stand 20 minutes to set.
- Microwave bowls of red and blue frosting uncovered on High 30 seconds.
- Dip white-frosted side of each cookie part way into red or blue frosting, leaving
some of the white showing. Allow excess frosting to drip off.
- Place on wax paper; let stand 30 minutes to set.
- Store in single layer, loosely covered at room temperature.
Prep Time 30 Min | Total Time 1 Hr 20 Min | Servings 24
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Cookie) Calories 190 (Calories from Fat
80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium
130mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 19g), Protein 1g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 0.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
ReRecipe and photo credit (used with permission): Betty Crocker/General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes