Jam Filled Star Sandwiches
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter (salted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Raspberry jam
- Blueberry jam
- Powdered sugar
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in flour.
- Divide dough in half, shape into flattened rounds, and place into gallon size
plastic food storage bags. Center dough in bag and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Seal
bags and chill dough for 20 minutes or up to several days.
- Using a 1-inch star cutter or 1/2-inch round, cut and remove centers from half
of the unbaked star cut outs. (Centers can be rerolled or baked to used as small
- Spread whole cookies with blueberry or raspberry jam.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on stars with cut outs and place on top of jam spread
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes
or until edges are slightly browned.
- After baking, allow cookies to cool.
Yield: approximately 2 dozen
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Challenge Dairy
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes