As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon peel, and egg; beat well.
- Sift together the flour, cayenne powder, salt and baking
- Beat dry ingredients into the butter mixture.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes