Red, White and Blue Cookies
Show your colors rolled up in an easy buttery cookie.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons red colored sugars
- 2 tablespoons blue colored sugars
- Beat granulated sugar, butter, almond extract and egg in large bowl with electric
mixer on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in flour.
- Divide dough in half; cover half and set aside.
- Place remaining half on waxed paper or plastic wrap; press into 8-inch square.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon each of the red sugar and blue sugar.
- Using waxed paper to lift, roll up dough.
- Repeat with remaining dough and colored sugars.
- Wrap rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Prep Time 1 hr 10 min | Total Time 2 hr 20 min | Servings 72
Expert Tips: Change the colored sugar to match your special occasion.
No almond extract? Use vanilla for a classic sugar cookie taste.
Nutrition Information 1 Serving Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 25 ), Total
Fat 3 g (Saturated Fat 1 g, ), Cholesterol 10 mg Sodium 20 mg Total Carbohydrate
6 g (Dietary Fiber 0g ), Protein 0g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1 Fruit; 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Betty Crocker
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes