Try this quick and easy variation on the Star Burst cookies: dust your colored
stars with a little powered sugar for a little extra sweetness. Don’t forget the
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Butter (salted)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all
- Red and blue food color (optional)
- Powdered Sugar
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in flour.
- Divide dough in half, shape into flattened rounds, and place into gallon sized
plastic food storage bags. Center dough in bag and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Seal
bags and chill dough for 20 minutes or up to several days.
- Cut out dough with star shaped cutters, place on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated
350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Baked star cookies are dusted (or shaken in a bag) with powdered sugar.
Yield: approximately 4 dozen
Recipe and photo credit: