Stars 'n Stripes Cookie Squares
Here's a new idea - serve this patriotic cookie dessert at your holiday feast!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18 ounce) package Pillsbury Refrigerated Sugar Cookies, well chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon or orange peel
- 50 blueberries (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, if desired
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil.
- Slice cookie dough as directed on package.
- Arrange slices in bottom of foil-lined pan.
- Using lightly floured fingers, press dough evenly in pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool fpr 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Carefully remove cookie from foil. Place on serving tray.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and lemon peel until smooth.
Spread over cookie crust.
- Arrange berries on cream cheese mixture to resemble flag, using 50 blueberries
in upper left corner for stars and raspberries arranged in 7 rows to form stripes.
- Melt jelly in small saucepan over low heat; brush gently over fruit.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Cut into squares to serve.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): pillsbury.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Independence Day Recipes