All American Strawberry Clouds
These red, white and blue treats will be a hit at your summer and July 4th festivities!
- 1/2 cup crispy chow mein noodles (or pretzels)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) blueberries
- 3 cups (about 1 pound) stemmed sliced California strawberries
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Place about 2 teaspoons chow mein
noodles into each.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions; spoon about 1 tablespoon into
each cup to cover noodles. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to set.
- In mixer bowl, combine cream, sugar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric
mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon an equal amount of cream mixture into each cup.
- Top with strawberries; serve immediately.
Prep time: 25 minutes | Chill time: 1 hour Makes 12 servings
Nutrition Information Per Serving: 215 calories; 15 g fat; 34 mg cholesterol;
37 mg sodium; 20 g carbohydrate; 2 g fiber; 2 g protein
Reprinted with permission from
the California Strawberry Commission.