Buttermilk Peach Ice Cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 4 cups light cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced fresh peeled peaches or 2 (1-pound)cans peaches,
drained and diced
- In saucepan, combine sugar and gelatine; gradually stir in buttermilk. Cook and
stir over low heat until gelatine is dissolved.
- Stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks; return to hot
mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in salt, light cream, and vanilla. Chill.
Freeze in 4 or 5-quart ice cream freezer.
Makes 2 1/2 quarts, 8 to 10 servings
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 1/26/2002 5:37 am.