Fruit Kabobs with Pineapple Dip
Fresh fruit threaded on skewers and served with a fruity, creamy dip is simple,
fun and tasty!
- 1/2 package (8 ounce size) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel),
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 can (8 1/4 ounce
size) sliced pineapple in juice, drained, finely chopped
- 1/2 can (8 1/4 ounce size) sliced pineapple in juice,
- 16 seedless green grapes
- 1/2 can (11 ounce size) mandarin orange segments,
- 8 strawberries, cut in half
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt and honey until creamy.
- Fold in chopped pineapple.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Cut pineapple slices into eighths.
- Thread any combination of about 4 pieces fruit on each of 16 plastic or wooden
- Serve with dip.
Yield: 8 servings (2 kabobs and 1/8 of dip each)
Special Touch: For special events, serve a bowl of warm chocolate ice-cream topping
with the pineapple dip.
Time Saver: Skip the from-scratch dip. Instead, buy a tub of fruit dip. Or you
can buy pineapple cream cheese and whip it to a soft consistency.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 35 ); Total
Fat 4 g (Saturated Fat 2 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 70 mg; Total Carbohydrate
21 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 3 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4 %; Vitamin C 14 %; Calcium 4 %; Iron 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
© 2008 ®/TM General Mills.